We are excited to finally get the green light to have a winter basketball and cheering program this year. Registrations will be open until Thursday, February 4th to allow us to get the season started ASAP. Registrations are $25 and are open to PK-6th grade.
In order to have a season this year we MUST follow the below guidelines, there will be NO exceptions.
2021 Carmel Recreation Basketball and Cheering Guidelines:
1. Participants, spectators, coaches and officials agree to NOT enter Carmel gymnasiums if they have symptoms or exposure risks listed by the CDC guidelines.
2. Participants, coaches, and spectators are to wear face coverings at all times.
3. The number of spectators will be limited to 1 per participant for games at Caravel. NOTE: This may change depending on team sizes as we may not be able to allow any fans in order to follow the states 50 person indoor capacity limit.
A) Grades PK-2 will be allowed 1 spectator per participant at practices. NOTE: Spectators are required to bring their own chair and socially distance around the gymnasium.
B) Grades 3-6th there will be NO spectators allowed at practices. Parents must remain in the vehicle at all times and are not allowed in the school while waiting for their child.
4. Participants should not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to their activity time. Activities will be scheduled to allow ALL participants from the previous activity to have left the facility.
5. When program is over, all participants and spectators will exit immediately.
6. Each participant will need to have their own water bottle! No drinking from water fountains.
7. There will NOT be any… High fiving - Fist Bumps - Hugs - Handshakes.
8. You will stay socially distanced from other spectators and not move the assigned seating.
9. Spectators and participants must stay in the gymnasium and not go to other areas of the school. Restroom locations at Caravel are the locker rooms in the back hallway and at Carmel Elementary School are located in the gymnasium.
10. There will be NO food or beverages allowed by spectators at practices or games.
11. Understand that due to uncertainty of federal and state guidelines constantly changing due to COVID-19, that all rules, guidelines and instructions may change at any time.